The Pee Party and their minions the Republican Party keep saying the President won’t negotiate with them. At first, I was fully supporting the idea of not negotiating with extortionists. But, let’s say for the moment I have had a change of heart.
I will support President Obama negotiating with the Pee Partiers. But, here is what I expect that he will demand in return.
- Repubs want to chain SSN to the CPI. Okay, but they must give us a 35% increase on taxes for everyone making over 350,000 per year!
- Repubs want the Keystone Pipeline. Okay, but they must repeal NAFTA and add a $50,000 penalty per person for every American whose job is lost by shipping jobs overseas. So, if a company were to move overseas and put 50 people out of work, they will have to pay a $2.5 million penalty.
- Repubs want a tax overhaul. Okay, but they must close the deduction companies get for moving their equipment overseas when “outsourcing” and increase corporate taxes on all salaries they pay overseas.
- Repubs want to lower corporate taxes. Okay, they must pass a raise in the minimum wage to $13.50 per hour! Since companies will be paying less in taxes, they should be able to afford paying a livable wage.
- Repubs want to eliminate the Medical Device Tax that helps pay for the Affordable Care Act. Okay, but they must give up their cushy pension and instead use the money to pay for the Medical Equipment tax losses.
So, let’s look at these items and see what, if any benefits they will have. Raising the taxes on people making over $350,000 will raise hundreds of billions of dollars in new tax revenues over the next 10 years. Penalties for shipping jobs overseas will add even more to the tax revenue side. A livable wage will also increase tax revenues since fewer people will be living below the poverty line. The elimination of Congressional Pensions will cover the lost tax money from eliminating the Medical Device tax. All of this will help reduce the national debt which they claim is what they want.
These are just the tip of the iceberg. For every other item the Repubs want to add to the list, we can add also. For example, we haven’t even mentioned Universal Background Checks, Jobs for Veterans, Infrastructure, etc.
Well, Mr. Boehner, there you have it. The American People’s demands on you and your party. Are you going to support them or not? Are you with the American People or not? There is not middle ground here. We await your answer. We aren’t trying to take you hostage, we are just standing on our principles.